We now have ten possible Decarb groups to start in the City of Yarra. These are based on the days and times of the week that those of you who’ve indicated your availability have told us suit you. We hope to begin these groups in the week beginning 13 April.
This provides an opportunity for you to join a group of people near you who – like you – want to reduce their carbon footprint without sacrificing wellbeing – in fact in many ways you can enhance it! You will be able to provide each other with information, encouragement and practical assistance – and have a good time in the process.
We’ll send your group a monthly ideas sheet with suggestions for activities that can help you, and there will workshops, this website and advice at hand to provide you with the information you need.
The likely groups are as follows (with the suburbs in brackets indicating where they may be located, though this will ultimately be up to those who join them):
- Group 1 Monday afternoon (Collingwood/Abbotsford)
- Group 2 Monday evening (Nth Fitzroy, Fitzroy)
- Group 3 Tuesday evening (Nth Fitzroy, Clifton Hill, Collingwood/Abbotsford, Fitzroy)
- Group 4 Wednesday morning (Nth Carlton / Princes Hill)
- Group 5 Wednesday evening (Clifton Hill)
- Group 6 Wednesday evening (Richmond)
- Group 7 Thursday afternoon (Nth Carlton / Princes Hill)
- Group 8 Thursday evening (Nth Fitzroy, Clifton Hill)
- Group 9 Saturday afternoon (Fitzroy)
- Group 10 Sunday afternoon (Nth Fitzroy, Fitzroy)
And for more information about Decarb groups click here.